How Digital Workplaces Can Improve Employee Experience
Companies with highly engaged employees can outperform their competitors by 147 percent in earnings. When employees have a great experience working in a company, they are 87 percent less likely to leave as compared to their disengaged counterparts.
For organizations that want to achieve higher revenue while still hiring and retaining great talent, offering a good employee experience is a necessity.
By introducing digital workplace platforms, organizations can streamline business operations, automate manual tasks, enable employees to better collaborate with their co-workers, and in turn, improve the overall employee experience.
1. Defining employee experience
Employee experience is a person’s perceptions and observations about their employment at a particular company. It can act determined by various factors, including the physical workspace, technologies used at the company, and the work-life balance they can maintain.
When employees have a good experience in an organization, they are more engaged and happier, which directly leads to better results for the company. Business leaders need to thoughtfully design the organization’s physical, technological, and cultural environments to deliver a compelling employee experience.
2. Where does the digital workplace fit?
A digital workplace is an entire collection of digital tools that employees can use to manage their work responsibilities. It is a centralized platform that combines all the disjointed business applications and allows employees to access them all through one single interface. Most importantly, a digital workplace platform encompasses all the three elements that are required for delivering optimum employee experience:
- A digital workplace which is a virtual replacement of the physical office space
- Technologies that can streamline and automate business processes
- Higher flexibility that allows employees to maintain better work-life balance
One of the most significant factors pushing digital workplace software forward is the changing workplace demographics. Organizations are now struggling to meet the varying needs of today’s multi-generational workforce.
At one end, we have more experienced employees who have been working for several decades, even before emails and digital communication became a norm in companies. And on the other hand, we have Millenials who are all set to make up for half of the global workforce by 2020. Millennials have grown up with technology. It is secure for them to adjust to new technologies, but at the same time, they prefer flexibility in terms of the tools and devices that they can use.
According to a report, 67 percent of the employees use their devices at work regardless of their company’s official BYOD policies. These numbers are continuously increasing, as employees, Millenials in specific, feel more motivated and engaged when they can use their own devices for work.
Employees can access digital workplaces from wherever they are and from any device that they are using, as large as others have an internet connection, which can lead to better employee experience.
4. Embrace the remote work culture
Over 86 percent of employees prefer working alone, away from the office, because they can hit maximum productivity levels. 99 percent of employees want to work remotely at least once in their career, and 90 percent of them want to work remotely for the rest of their careers.
Working remotely doesn’t just give employees a better work-life balance. Still, it also improves employee experience since the employees can decide their schedules and work from any location they want. For companies, it has become imperative to implement a digital workplace strategy to ensure that employees working from home or different office locations can work together with the same productivity.
5. Better communication and collaboration
Today, organizations are operating digitally, at least on some level. Company-wide communication isn’t something that organizations can achieve with a few blogs or responsive intranet. For companies that are spread over various places, there is a need for effective communication tools that are broad yet seamless.
With digital workplaces, employees can manage all their collaboration and communication through one single tool instead of using several different tools that could make collaboration even more complicated and confusing.
6. Employee experience above everything else
Business leaders need to continually put employee experience over customer experience because only the happy and satisfied employees that can offer customers a great experience.
By continuously focusing on the employee experience, you can create a culture of high performance and satisfaction, and an environment where employees want to perform their best and succeed.
1. Animeland And Its Alternatives, Animeland tv, Animeland dubbed tv, konosuba dub, hinomaru sumo, English dubbed anime, Anime english dubbed
2. Anilinkz And Its Top 20 Best Alternatives to Watch Anime For Free Online – Anilinks, Best Anime Streaming Sites, Anime Sites, Best Anime WebSites, Watch Anime Online
3. Animefreak And Its Top 10 Best Alternatives to Watch Free HD Animes Online – Animefreaks, Anime Freak TV, AnimeFreak.TV
4. Masterani And Its Top 10 Best Alternatives to Watch Free HD Animes Online Free – tv shows online, Movies online, masterani.me, reddit, redux, kodi Krypton Addon
5. LMGTFY, Let Me Google That For You – Here Let Me Google That For You, Link, meme, Gif
6. How to Program a RCA Remote Control? | Universal Remote